Before going on any trip (well, this was more of a true vacation), I do a lot of research. And I mean a lot. I am basically the research queen during those few weeks leading up to booking. All my free time is spent looking on Expedia, reading ALL the reviews on a particular resort (and I mean ALL), and checking Kayak for cheaper flight deals. I admit, I go a little overboard sometimes, but it really pays off in the end! Cheaper trips, means we can go to more places eventually, for longer!
So when I found a deal at the all-inclusive Ocean Blue and Sand (above) on Expedia for an upgrade of $7 a day per person (which is normally $50 roughly), we booked it right then and there. Sometimes it is worth the extra time and effort!
Here’s a breakdown of what the “Privilege” package includes:
– access to the private area on the beach, supplied with towels, plenty of beach beds with shade, and wait service taking drink/food orders
– breakfast delivered either in bed or on your balcony one morning
– a lobster candle-lit dinner on the beach under a palm tree, with wine and dessert
– room upgrade, complete with a 4-poster King bed, and view of the pool and the beach
– room stocked with top shelf liquor (and water!) that gets replenished daily
– daily access to the beach restaurant for breakfast (great views!)
– bubble bath in room complete with champagne, brownies, other treats
– top shelf liquor in all the bars found around the resort (all others get house)
*update: The Ocean Blue and Sand has recently renovated, and with this, some of the Privilege inclusions have changed. Look on the website for more information. The new rooms like gorgeous!
and as always, sunrises are free, if you force yourself to get out of bed at 5AM:
So for only $7 extra a day, it is clearly worth all my time spent. We saved hundreds because I shopped around and waited. Wouldn’t you agree?
And a few more pictures of the resort overall:
Look what we got done one night:
haha- I still cannot stop laughing. Is my nose really that big?!?!
And one last thing: do not leave Punta Cana without trying the Mama-Juana! But be careful, it’s REALLY strong!
WARNING: do not consume right before getting on the plane! I can assure you the flight will not be so fun, and you will need to sleep it off the next day!