Hey there, you blogging machine, you! I welcome guest posts from fellow travel bloggers who want to widen their reach and get noticed by the readers of A Passion and A Passport. Interested in learning more?
I am currently looking for these specific article types
- Day trips from popular cities/areas
- Long Weekend (3-day) itineraries
- Specific accommodation posts per city (top hotels/hostels/airbnbs)
If you feel you have an idea that matches one of the above, feel free to contact me via email [email protected]
*Please take a look at the content on my site to see if there’s already a post with your idea (the search bar works great for this). If so, I’m sure we can figure something out! Just check first, and we can decide upon a new article together.
NOTE: If you are looking to place a commercial link, please don’t pretend to be a blogger. I’ll catch on fast enough. Please email for rates.
Specific Guest Post Guidelines:
*Please read through the guidelines before submitting a pitch to ensure you agree with all before wasting anyone’s time.
- Please make post at least 3,000 words. Yes, I know this is higher than other guest post requirements, but my readers like information! Plus, search engines prefer more in-depth articles, meaning the longer your guest post on my site, the higher chance it will rank well in Google, meaning more opportunities for click throughs to your blog. I also can’t imagine conveying a well-thought out post idea in less. Give people what they want (people want information!)
- Write like you’re having fun – be witty, hilarious, downright silly. No one wants to read a horrifically boring article (nor will they). Throw in a few jokes or silly bits. 😎
- Insert the keyword phrase “things to do in _____/day trips from _____/3 days in ___” at least 5 times throughout the post. Please make it sound as natural as possible. It’s good practice for SEO purposes. Yay, thanks!
- 100% ORIGINAL CONTENT. No duplicates from your personal blog or elsewhere. I’ll be putting it in a plagiarizer checker, just FYI.
- Send over 1 high quality picture for each thing to do/day trip. Feel free to source from Flickr CC with credit included in post, or provide links to sourced Pixabay photos (they’re free and awesome!) Please no close-up photos of yourself (far or back of head is fine). I can source photos for you if need be, but give your best efforts to source yourself first. 🙂
- This goes without saying, but any commercial links will be removed automatically. Please email me for commercial link rates.
- Aim for at least 15 things to do/see/eat, and at least 5 day trips (preferably more) from city/area. If you’re doing a mini itinerary (3 days), please make the proximity of locations make sense and include how to get from spot to spot.
- Include a “pre-travel” guide of the city, with short paragraphs of each:
- How to get around
- When to go
- Important things to pack
- Where to stay with recommended hotels
- Important phrases in native language (if applicable)
Please structure it like posts below:
Please copy and paste text into an email, and attach photos to email renamed with the thing it is for. I’m horribly bad at guessing what photos are if I haven’t been to the destination.
In return I can offer the following:
– 2 do-follow links to blog posts relating to content or your blog homepage
– social media promotion on Facebook and Twitter tagging your social media handles
Note that I have rights to edit text as I see fit, and the possibility to add affiliate links should I feel this will greatly enhance the user experience.
Let me know if you have any questions! Yay for expanding your blogging reach and producing quality content! You’re awesome!