I’ll admit I’ve made a few “100 things I want to do before I die” lists; however, I’ve never really followed or kept up with them. Probably because I’ve only added items that seemed so far out of reach (and yet still do), so my dreams were never set into reality. I came across Karen Walrond’s advice on creating your own life list, and I was inspired to type up the travel list that has been sitting underneath the conglomerate of papers on my desk. Figured that even attempting to cross things off my list will make my life more exciting.
Check below to see when this (super awesome) list has been updated.
- ✓ drive across country: New York to San Francisco
- visit all 50 states: New York, Florida, California, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Nevada, Indiana, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Maryland, Virginia, Connecticut, Louisiana, Illinois, North Carolina, Utah, Minnesota, Colorado, Hawaii, South Dakota, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming [23/50]
- visit 20 caribbean islands [ones listed are those I’ve been to]: Barbados, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Grand Turk, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, St. Thomas, St. Lucia, St. Martin, St. Kitts [10/20]
- Visit Crater Lake, Oregon
- ✓ Sail around Kauai’s Na Pali coast
- ✓ drive the Road to Hana in Maui, Hawaii
- Spend New Year’s Eve in Times Square, NYC
- Ride a mechanical bull in New York City
- Explore/hike 10 National Parks: Mount Rainier, Badlands, Yosemite
- Spend Mardi Gras in New Orleans — I was there a few weeks after!
- See the hoodoos in Arizona/Utah
- Take surf lessons in Hawaii — tried Stand Up Paddling, is that enough?!
- Go shelling on sanibel island
- Visit a few great American Cities: ✓ Austin, ✓ Seattle, Nashville, Montreal, Honolulu, ✓ New Orleans, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Tucson, ✓ Washington D.C., Portland,✓ San Diego, ✓ San Francisco, Vancouver, ✓ Salt Lake City, Quebec City, Denver, Santa Fe, Miami, ✓ Philadelphia
- Hike the stairway to heaven in Oahu, Hawaii
- Explore the Mendenhall ice caves in Juneau, Alaska
- Hang out with flamingos on the beach in Aruba
- Swim in a cenote in Mexico
- ✓ go on a helicopter ride in Hawaii
- Drive the Pacific Coast Highway: drove from Mendocino to Big Sur so far!
- Hike and helicopter the Grand Canyon
- Swim with manatees in crystal springs, Florida
- Road trip from Miami to Key West, stopping at the turtle sanctuary on the way
- ✓ Visit the colorful city of Antigua, Guatemala
- Take colorful photos at antelope canyon in Arizona
- Go whale watching in Alaska
- Dive the Great Blue Hole in Belize
- See Banff/Jasper National Parks in Canada
- Be brave enough to do the Skywalk edge in Toronto
- Pet a tortoise in the Galapagos Islands
- Take fun pictures with the Moai at Easter Island
- Swim with sea lions in the Galapagos
- Swing at the “End of the World” in Baños, Ecuador
- Visit the marble caves in Patagonia (chile/Argentina)
- Learn how to Salsa in Buenos Aires
- Kiss my love on the eiffel tower — does the replica in Vegas count? :p
- ✓ backpack in Europe — completed, May 2008 (went to 5 cities/4 countries in a few short weeks: Rome, Paris, Cannes, Geneva, London)… although I want to do it again. Maybe Summer 2015?!
- Touch an iceberg/glacier in Iceland
- Ride in a hot air balloon in Capadoccia, Turkey
- Stay in a fairy chimney in Gerome, Turkey
- Ride the London eye
- Ride a gondola in Venice
- Travel along the western coast of italy, including hiking Cinque Terre
- Swim in the blue lagoon in Iceland
- Ride a vespa around Rome
- Go dog sledding in Iceland
- ✓ visit Greece and it’s islands (explored Santorini, Mykonos, & Crete) — completed, June 2012 honeymoon
- Take a snow mobile out for a spin in Iceland
- See the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland
- Attend La Tomatina in Spain (the worlds biggest tomato fight)
- Walk the Tunnel of Love in Klevan, Ukraine
- Play in the tulip fields in the Netherlands
- Stand on the Troll’s Tongue in Norway
- Go camping on the beach in Thailand
- Visit the great wall of china
- Visit the Maldives before they disappear forever
- Volunteer at an elephant park in Thailand
- Cruise Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
- See the rainbow formation at the Zhangye Danxia landform in Gansu, China
- Explore the Hang Son Doong cave in Vietnam
- Play in the bamboo forest in Kyoto, Japan
- View the Kelimutu Crater Lakes in Indonesia
- see the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt
- see the big 5 on a safari in Africa
- kiss a penguin in South Africa
- cage dive with sharks in South Africa
- pet a lemur on Madagascar
- Learn how to cook with spices in Marrakech, Morocco
- Go dune bashing in Dubai
- ✓ ride a camel in Israel — completed, August 2011, and what a thrilling experience it was
- ✓ float in the Dead Sea in Israel –completed, August 2011 in Israel
- ✓ wake up early enough to see the sunrise atop Masada
- See the tallest building in the world in Dubai
- travel throughout Australia
- learn how to sail in the Whitsundays
- go Zorbing in New Zealand, or anywhere else I can do it!
- ✓ stay in an over water bungalow in Bora Bora
- Drive the great ocean road and see the 12 apostles and whitehaven beach
- Jump into To Sua Trench in Samoa
- Take a romantic boat ride through the glow worms caves in New Zealand
- visit every continent, even Antarctica!
- learn how to ski or snowboard
- swim with dolphins in nature
- snorkel off of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, Fiji, the Maldives, ✓ Bora Bora, Seychelles Islands, Bonaire, ✓ Hawaii, La Jolla Cove in San Diego, ✓ Greek Islands [other spots snorkeled: Belize]
- ✓ climb a mountain – completed, July 2011 in Israel [climbed Mt. Masada]
- stay up all night and ✓ see the sunrise –completed, May 2010 in Punta Cana (sunrise)! and in Israel August, 2011
- ✓ go rock-climbing — done, Fall 2012
- be brave enough to go sky-diving from 15,000 feet
- ✓ Hike a Volcano – completed, June 2015, hiked Pacaya in Guatemala
- meet 10 famous people (see how close I was to a few at the Cannes Film Festival). Also took 2 plane rides with ___ (forgot her name, need to ask the husband :p)
- ✓ parasail — done, May 2010 in Punta Cana
- be a spectator at the Olympics [anywhere!]
- ✓ swim to the edge of an infinity pool
- go white-water rafting
- ✓ fly in first class (just once!) — completed, got a free upgrade from Hawaii to LA on Hawaiian Air! Boo ya! And just recently flew first class on our way to Cabo, Mexico.
- ✓ swim with sea turtles, done in both Hawaii and Belize!
- take a picture of the Northern Lights, from either Alaska or Iceland
- see and enter a real-life castle
- ✓ Travel Solo! – done, in Seattle, May 2015, and I loved every second of it
- swim with sharks – done, in both Belize and Bora Bora
- swim with whale sharks
- ✓ ride in a hot air balloon
- Learn how to dive and get PADI certified
- See and active volcano with red hot lava
UPDATED: October 2015
I just moved to a new city!
Check out my San Francisco Bay Area Bucket List!
*** Have any adventures I should add to the list?
Want to help me check one off?! Feel free to contact me!