Nominated again! My second Liebster Blog Award nomination! Thanks to John from A Budget Travel Blog for thinking of me!
I already described the details from my last nomination, so im just gonna cut to the chase.
Here are 11 more things you probably dont wanna know about me:
1) I’m big on organization. However, you won’t think that when you step into my apartment, or look on my computer desktop for that matter.
2) pretty colored sharpies excite me. And no, not like that. I love using them to color code my never-ending list making habits.
3) I’m not keen on traveling to a place I’ve already been, as there are so many destinations on my travel wish list. Except for santorini; I fell in love with the islands colorful beaches and the delectable foods.
4) I’m really particular about the type of pen I use. When I find one I like, I use it until it runs out.
5) I classify myself as a Chapstick-aholic. You can find me reapplying pretty constantly.
6) I really enjoy proper spelling and good grammar. May have something to do with the fact that I’m a speech pathologist. Who knows?
7) I have a thing for shoes. Not the 4inch kind, but flats. Ah, love ’em!
8) I like to play in the sand and jump in the waves. And play little games, like seeing if my husband can take the perfect jumping picture of me. Yes I know I’m 26 and these are child play, but hey, ” adults” can have fun at the beach too! You’ll hardly ever find me relaxing on a lounge, Mai tai in hand.
9) I collect pretty shopping bags, as long as their sturdy enough for all the crap I seem to bring to work everyday.
10) I love Apple products: once I got my MacBook a few years back, i was in technology heaven. I could never, ever, even if my life depended on it, ever buy a pc again. Never ever. Once you go Mac, you never go back.
11) I would love to ride an elephant, an ostrich, and a Segway at least once in my life. Don’t judge- we all have things we want to do. Mine just happen to be to get in the back of animals. So what?! 🙂 I rode a camel in Israel!
These 11 weren’t enough for you? My first liebster nomination post gives you even more details about my boring awesome life.
And now my answers to John’s questions:
What made you start a blog?
Wanted a place to share my stories and document my travel tips. And basically have a collection of these stories that wouldn’t get lost in the mess of my computer, really need to organize that thing every once in a while.
How do you prefer to record your travels – writing, photos or video?
I would say photos come first, then writing. Since I’m kind of far behind on my documentation of my travels :/ my photos really help me relive my experiences so I can write about them. No videos thus far- don’t have a video camera or go pro, and quite frankly, I think I look awkward in videos.
What was the worst experience you’ve had travelling?
Thankfully nothing majorly dreadful has happened, just the occasional flight change and cancellation. One did cause us to miss out on our only day in Athens though 🙁
How many countries have you been to?
Hmm, lets see. Do I count all the Caribbean islands I’ve been to (about 10ish)?
United States, Canada, Mexico?, Belize, England, France, Italy, Greece, Israel, Switzerland, so 10? Those are the ones that come to mind right off the bat, so I may be missing some. As you can see, I’m not big on counting.
Which was your favourite?
Greece, by far. But I may be biased because it was my honeymoon. I also fell in love with Roma. Love me some fresh bucatini and pesto anyday!
Do you try to stay away from tourist traps?
This is a tricky question for me, since I tend to gravitate to those well-known touristy options in a destination. Probably because I most always have a limited amount of time in each place and have fomo- fear of missing out :p But I absolutely don’t love the crowds and over-pricing that usually comes with tourist traps.
What was the soundtrack to your last trip?
I’ve had the same playlist on my iTunes for years, and I don’t see that changing. Its a good mix of everything, and usually only listen to it when traveling. Maybe I’ll change it up a bit for my next trip.
What is your opinion on guidebooks?
I think they’re great for initial planning, but feel blogs and even travel websites like tripadvisor are more useful. Guidebooks give you a sense of what you want to do there, and from that, I do my own exploring online.
Where would you never travel to?
Hmm, maybe the mid USA? Can’t quite say that for sure since I haven’t done any proper research. Anyone know of anything fun to do in Kansas?
(And in no way am I implying these states are not worthy, I just don’t know about them- so please inform!)
If you could only see one of the seven wonders of the world, which one would it be?
If I had to pick only one, I’d see the Great Pyramid of Giza. I think it’d be super cool to stand in front of something so incredibly large and feel so super tiny.
Have you couchsurfed before? If so, was the experience positive or negative?
Nope, but I’ve been crowd surfing before, haha. TOTALLY different experience tho. But definitely positive.
Thanks again to John for the nomination!
My questions are:
- If you could only go back to one country (horrible I know!), which one would it be and why?
- What item do you need to bring with you where ever you go?
- What do you prefer? The beach or the mountains?
- What’s the best thing about blogging?
- What’s your best tip for saving for traveling?
- What food do you wish you could bring back home with you?
- What’s your biggest travel regret?
- What 5 words describe you?
- What’s your favorite thing to have for dessert?
- When did you first get hit with the travel bug?
- Name three places at the top of your travel wish list.
Ah, now I can go back to sleeping/people watching on the subway. Good night!